Vinyl Siding Installation Contractors In Rhode Island
We Offer Professionally Installed Home Siding
Beautiful and durable home siding is one of the easiest ways to increase the value of your home. Vinyl siding is a lightweight, durable, attractive, and requires very little maintenance. Good siding can be trusted to last for decades even in Rhode Island’s varied weather. Over the course of the last couple of decades, the vinyl siding industry has adapted new technologies and new standards that help it resist UV rays, excessive moisture, and high winds.
Benefits Of Vinyl Siding
- A variety of options that add beautiful curb appeal
- Low-maintenance surfaces that save time
- The siding doesn’t need painting or staining
- Siding is easy to clean
- It can stand up to a variety of climates
- It’s designed for long-term performance
- Vinyl siding offers insulation that make your home more energy efficient
- Versatile applications, from residences to commercial projects
Vinyl siding is an affordable polymer-based material that was introduced in the late 1950s. Vinyl siding is the most popular choice in home siding due to it’s durability, ease of maintenance, and versatility in shapes and colors.
The primary function of home siding, regardless of the material, is protection from the elements like rain or snow. If your siding fails major issues, such as mold or problems with the foundation, can occur because water was able to penetrate through this initial barrier. The secondary function of home siding is aesthetic. Keep in mind this is the first part of your home that guests will see. Nice siding gives a big boost to your home’s curb appeal
Vinyl is a great choice because it can withstand very high winds and other climate changes including hot summers and sub-zero winters. Vinyl siding does not require painting and comes in a hundreds of colors that all resist color fading. Unlike fiber-based sidings, vinyl siding does not absorb water making it the best choice for wetter climates. House looking a little dingy? With today’s vinyl siding options alll you need is a water hose or power washer to make it look new again.
When Should I Replace My Home’s Vinyl Siding
There are many signs that indicate when it’s time to invest in new siding. Here are the most common:
- High Heating and Cooling Cost
- An easy way to check if there is a flaw in the home’s exterior wall insulation is to compare your heating and cooling costs to those of your neighbors with similar home structures. If there is a difference, visually inspect your home’s siding, especially where the siding meets the roof and windows, for signs that your heat is escaping.
- Frequently needing to paint the home
- Home siding should maintain paint for at least 8 – 10 years. If siding is chipping, peeling or cracking sooner than your siding probably needs to be replaced.
- Siding is rotting or warping
- All you need to inspect your home for signs of rotting or warping is a screwdriver. You can poke under warped siding to see if the layer underneath is soft and therefore rotting. Rotting siding needs to be replaced immediately.
- Siding is cracked or loose
- Cracked broken or loose pieces of siding need to be removed and replaced in order to prevent water from seeping in and causing more severe and expensive problems.
- Siding has bubbles
- The bubbles found just under the surface of siding are trapped water, which is a clear indication that it’s time to replace your siding.
- Peeling paint or loose wallpaper inside of the home
- Surprisingly, peeling paint or wallpaper pulling away from the walls inside of your home is a sign that serious damage has been caused by moisture seeping under the siding of your home.
- Siding is growing fungus, mold or mildew
- If your siding is growing fungus, mold, or mildew, you may have water being held inside the wall. If you notice any unwanted growths make sure to further investigate at or near the seams of your siding.