Casement Windows & Awnings
A casement window also referred to as a crank-out window has a single sash that opens outward on a vertical axis by rotating a crank that is attached to the sash with heavy duty hinges. The hinges can open the sash to a full 90 degrees allowing for easy cleaning from inside the home. A multipoint locking system closes the unit tightly from a single lever. The casement is the most energy efficient of all operable window styles. Casements may be joined together into double, triple or quadruple units.
What Is An Awning Window?
An awning window has a single sash that opens outward on a horizontal axis. Otherwise the hardware and construction are very similar to the casement window line.
Where Should I Consider Installing A Casement Window?
Hard-to-reach areas like over a kitchen sink or in a projecting window like a bow or bay are excellent locations to consider a casement window. The single crank operator can open and close the window with ease. Also a casement will allow more light and visibility that other styles.
- multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl frames
- fusion-welded sashes and mainframes
- sash opens a full 90 degrees for easy cleaning and to meet egress code requirements
- heavy duty foldable crank and hinge operating hardware
- multi-point locking system with easy single lever operation
- warm edge spacer system
- meets Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon
- transferable Lifetime Warranty